Harbor Freight - No Receipt

Jul 12, 2012
review #331382

If you don't have a receipt, cause you lost it or the item was a gift, you are out of luck with Harbor Freight.Funny thing is when I said this will end my business with you, she said "Fine", I asked her for the manager, she says she is.

I know the manager, she is not. Is this customer driven? NO. The HF website doesn't even have a communicate option, makes you wonder...too many complaints?

Well, I for one will no longer do business with them.

FINE!HF can go ahead and do just fine deceiving others and lose my pitiful $3000 business, well that's what I have spent there until now.

b052306
Had an experience with Harbor Freight?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Don Bettinger

Jul 22 Denver, Colorado

Well, where will you shop then? What tool store is there that gives you a refund with no receipt? In fact, what store of any kind gives you a refund without a receipt?

Angus

Jun 16, 2013 Greeley, Colorado

See here's the deal. They don't give a *** because they don't pay enough to obtain or retain quality employees. The managers are incompetent and the business will continue to have a revolving door. :upset

EX Customer From Syrscuse NY a

Apr 05, 2013 Syracuse, New York

This store in N Syracuse haves the worst manager I ever dealt with . Not only will I never spend anymore of my money here I will not allow any of my employee's to either. What happen to customer service and good management ! Just lost 38 customers including my self.

Yup

Apr 15, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

You are the idiots that shop there. They make crapy tools for crapy people anybody who cares more about saving a buck than their country should be shot as traitors

0 2 Reply

Mar 02, 2013 Syracuse, New York

HFT doesn't have webchat, but you can contact them this way: Scroll down to the bottom of the HFT webpage, click on "Site Map", click on "Contact Customer Service", everything you could possibly want is listed, 800 number, mailing address, FAX, and e-mail links.

Mar 02, 2013 Syracuse, New York

NOBODY ACCEPTS RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT. NOT EVEN WAL-MART.
SO WHY ARE YOU EVEN COMPLAINING?
Thank you for not wanting to do business with HFT, since customers like you drive up prices for customers like me.

2 1 Reply

Jul 14

Actually Wal-Mart and Even Target does. There are limits on how many times you can do it but they will give you store credit

Duh

Feb 18, 2013

Lifetime warranty on most tools WITH RECEIPT advertised all over their store and on the website. :x

hft

Jul 26

It says lifetime warranty on hand tools only... That's stuff like wrenches hammers and sockets not drills and pumps.

Anthony Veglia

Oct 07, 2012

I bought a compressor a week ago on my credit card. It was a pos!!! Took it back today without the receipt. They wouldn't,t even exchange it for a different compressor.

0 1 Reply

Mar 19

That's because you don't have a receipt. If it was a week ago, how is it that you still have your credit card but not your receipt? They don't want your credit card, they want your receipt. It's the paper that says what you bought and when you bought it. Your credit card doesn't have that on it. Your one week ago testimony isn't really proof of purchase.
Should a guy who bought a Harbor Freight compressor a year ago at a garage sale have the same right to return it without a receipt as you expect? What if he says he got it a week ago? :cry

2 0 Reply
Chris

Sep 09, 2012

Dollar tree is even worse they has a no return at all and its not shown anywhere in the store except on the back of the receipt after you has payed for the items

Mar 19

I'm guessing that Dollar Tree isn't raking in a ton of cash per item at that price point. Most people would be willing to risk $1.00 on their return policy. If you have a receipt, they will exchange a defective item for you. Sorry for your loss.

Person

Aug 21, 2012

Why would you not shop anywhere where they require a receipt? That's sketchy... It's really not that difficult to keep a receipt, and makes everything a lot easier for everyone. People feel so entitled to get whatever they want but fail to see that companies have certain policies for certain reasons. Quit being dramatic and just have 1 spot to keep your receipts in case something happens.

TDW

Jul 19, 2012

Almost all stores now require a receipt because people will shoplift or buy online and attempt to return for more cash. A lot of places (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, among others) will only let you do a certain number of returns per year without. Some will also scan the back of your drivers license too.

Best advice is if you think you're going to return something, keep the receipt. Otherwise, you're either out of luck, or getting much less back than you paid for.

Mar 19

I'm like 60 years old and this may surprise you but stores have always required receipts since the 50's but apparently some people can't grasp that. There are rare exceptions like "Macy's", but if you are willing to pay $95 for a t-shirt, I'm sure they can afford to cover a few fraudsters without receipts. A few other companies have advertised stupidly lenient return policies usually just prior to their going out of business. It's a retailer's sign of desperation.
I maintain a plastic storage container about the size of a shoe box and I throw all my receipts from my wallet into it. That way I can always find them and don't need to claim that the store and the workers are evil and incompetent because I lost my receipt and tried to blame it on them. :cry :cry :cry

1 0 Reply
ANONYMOUS

Jul 19, 2012

WITH ALL THE SHOP LIFTING A LOT OF COMPANIES WILL NOT TAKE RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT. TARGET WILL DO IT WITH A DL A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIMES A YEAR. BEST BET IS TO SAVE YOUR RECEIPT.

Jul 12, 2012

Thanks for the warning. Consider your input helpful, and your advice taken. I will not shop at a company that requires a receipt to return a product.
Further, please be warned that the Target store chain operates this way, too. I will indeed no longer shop there, and wish to warn you about their inability to help customers wishing to return product there.

Mar 19

My question to you would be...
Well then, where will you shop?
Who offers a refund or a lifetime exchange without a receipt? :grin

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.